Netgear is widely known for their reliable networking hardware. They provide some of the best and most user friendly networking hardware such as routers, extenders, adapters, security cameras and more. The Arlo cameras are known to provide the user with absolutely brilliant wire-free HD cameras that can be used for both outdoors and indoors security solutions. They provide a very wide range of cameras to the users. Their products include wire-free security cameras, mobile cameras, AC powered cameras, baby cameras, and wire-free Wi-Fi controlled lights that can work all by itself or with any other Arlo cameras and a number of other accessories. Their cameras provide brilliant HD video quality, live streaming, cloud recording so that the user can still access the data even when they are away from the Arlo cameras, alerts and a lot of other features that allows the user to watch or record what they desire from the indoors as well as the outdoors. No one can be in two places at once and the Arlo cameras provide exactly the opposite of that. With the help of Arlo cameras, one person can be at two places.
The Arlo Cameras are required to be setup and logged by the user after the initial setup of the base station of the camera. The login process is very simple and it only takes a couple of minutes of the user’s time. The user can simple go to arlo.netgear.com and either login to the account if the user has one already or create an account if the user is setting (arlo netgear login) it up for the first time.
Here, we will help the user in understanding their Arlo Cameras (arlo netgear login) and its configurations better by providing the step by step process to setup and login/register, to reset the Arlo camera, to change the username and password and to update the firmware for the Netgear Arlo Camera.
Here are the steps to setup the Netgear Arlo Camera:
- Connect the Arlo base station to the WAN port of the Netgear router using an Ethernet cable.
- Connect the AC adaptor to the base station and plug it in to a power source. Make sure all the connections are made properly.
- Turn off the base station and then turn it on after a couple of minutes. The LED lights at the front of the base station will turn solid green after two minutes.
- The base station will now be set up and ready to use.
Once the user has successfully setup the Arlo base station, the user will have to register for an account for their Arlo Cameras. The Arlo account allows the user to change the settings for their Arlo Cameras and further configure them.
Here are the steps to register for an account for Arlo Camera:
- Open any internet browser on the device that is connected to the Arlo camera and type arlo.com/login in the address bar. Press enter.
- The user will see a New System Setup option. Click on the same option.
- The user will be prompted to enter the default information regarding their Arlo Cameras. Enter the information and click Continue.
- Now, choose the correct serial number of the base station from the drop down menu and click on continue.
- Choose the time zone from the menu. Click on continue.
Now, the user will have successfully registered for an account for Netgear Arlo Cameras. From here, the user can login to their Arlo account to check the live feed and other features and configurations of the cameras.
Troubleshooting steps to change the username and password for the Netgear Arlo Camera:
- Login to the Arlo Account. To login to the Arlo account, open any internet browser and type Arlo.com/login in the address bar.
- Now, open the contact for the username the user wishes to change.
- The user will see the Edit option in the menu. Click the Edit option.
- Now, click the Security option from the menu.
- The user will see the field for the respective contact. There, the user can enter the new desired username.
- Click Save to implement the changes in the settings.
Now, the user will have successfully changed the username for a contact from the Arlo account.
Troubleshooting steps to change the password for the Netgear Arlo Camera:
- Login to the Arlo camera account as the administrator using arlo .com/login web domain.
- Open the contact that the user wishes to change the password for.
- Select the Change Password option from the menu. The window will appear with the new fields.
- Enter the desired password in the respective field.
Now, the user will have successfully changed the password for a contact from the Arlo account.
If the user wishes to connect to the contact, the user will have to connect using the new username and password for the Netgear Arlo Camera.
- The user must never enter any sensitive information or password hint within the username as any unauthorized user can gain access to the user’s camera.
- The user must not share the password for the camera with everybody.
In Summation, the Arlo Cameras provided by Netgear are some of the most reliable cameras and come packed with a lot of advanced features such as Night Vision, can withstand any type of weather and conditions, are water resistant, provide free cloud recordings, live feed and much more. The users are bound to feel much more secure after installing Netgear Arlo Cameras in their homes.